Dienstag, 9. Dezember 2014

Procedurally Generated Pacman Clone

I'm working a procedurally generated PACMAN clone. The hardest thing atm is programming the Ghost's movement right. I'm using the A* Algorithm for Grid-Based-Movement involving Cost, but it's still pretty confusing.

I will update you guys once I've changed the graphics and am ready to release it as my own work of Art.

Freitag, 4. Juli 2014

Stalin Bird on Google Play

Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard


Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard is a Videogame that's solemn purpose is to drive you crazy. Get angry in 4 different Game-Modes, 2 of which are utterly useless. Expect the unexpected.
© by xrlabs, 2014

Tap the Screen to reverse the gravity and fly through various obstacles like pipes or rings. Avoid Bullets in Ringmode and test your nerves in Classicmode.

Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard is now open for Approval on both Amazon Appstore and SlideMe Appstore.

Update: Stalin Bird has been released on Google Play!

Google Playstore Link: Download

Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2014

Dienstag, 24. Juni 2014

Preparing Stalin Bird V2 (Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard)


I'm working on updates for Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard. I don't know if I'll remove the symbols ingame though, but I will probably make a censored version for the App Store.

The new Gameover Screen

Montag, 23. Juni 2014

Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard

Gee, my PC broke down! So I made this god-awful Videogame for Android!

Ladies and Gentleman, 

It's Stalin Bird: Flappy Motherf*cking Bastard !


Tap the left Screen-Side to float upwards and the right Screen-Side to float downwards. That's all.

I highly recommend playing with audio enabled. The game is currently in development and Version 0.1 .

I don't think it will ever make it to the Play Store, so get it here instead:



Donnerstag, 19. Juni 2014

xrlabs Gameproject "Slayer 3D": Hiding objects through fog

Just a short video to show you how you can hide objects via fog. Taken from my gameproject "Slayer 3D" (working title).

The character graphics are placeholders.



Mittwoch, 26. März 2014

xrlabs Gameproject #2 - "Slayer3D", Blocky 3rd Person Dungeon Crawler [G...

I have always wanted to use the 3D features of GameMaker, and now I finally did. I actually plan to make a real game out of this prototyped concept. But I'm most definetively not going to do it with GameMaker: Studio, because, seriously, this just lags. I get around 40-60fps (Dual Core machine duh... my real rig got fried) on this machine, but not very consistent fps. I already hired "graphics artists" (read: got some friends that are really good at drawing and got them Wacom Tablets) and will work this concept out in java and c#. My goal is to have a 3D Dungeon Crawl Engine ready and working for Android.

GameMaker Shmup Project #1 - 4000 Bullets test - Going Somewhere

A few of you know that I'm working on various game concepts atm. This is a stress-test

for a shmup-kind of game with GameMaker: Studio.

Donnerstag, 20. März 2014

Random Videogame-related Imagedump

 Since I have been getting my hands on GameMaker: Studio I try to make some progress everyday. I experiment with different techniques and Dieser text sollte geändert werden, hört sich total behindert an

I have started working on a 3D Dungeon Game with Game Maker Studio. It's very early and I'm still in the Concept-Phase, but I'll keep you up-to-date with Photomaterial!

Mittwoch, 5. März 2014

Castlevania-style Axe-Throwing with Gamemaker: Studio

This is an example of how to easily realize Weapon Throwing in GameMaker: Studio. I have recently started using it again (after I missed getting the license for GameMaker: Studio Normal edition.... by one day......) and decided to share this.

Download link << .GMZ Project file included!

It will show you how to make a drag-and-drop object that can throw axes that will fly in an Arc just like in Castlevania or Rogue Legacy.
I have also included the .GMZ Project file for you to understand how it works.
It also features a brief example of how to utilize parenting to easily make multiple different power-ups / items.

Have fun!

Download link << .exe file only

NOTE: The Luigi Sprite is © by Nintendo and a mere placeholder. It is not from me. I made the blocks and Axes, if that matters. (Just in case someone asks)